Cellulite is the bane of many people’s existence. It’s not exactly attractive, difficult to get rid of and plagues nearly everyone from thin to overweight. These lumps and bumps usually show up on the thighs and bum but may also appear anywhere else on the body. While excess fat certainly increases the appearance of cellulite, it is often still an issue for those in good shape. There’s no sure fire way to smooth out the skin but a natural method is always the best. Chow down on these ten amazingly delicious cellulite fighting foods. Cellulite is simply a deposit of fat beneath the skin. They are more visible on those with light and thin skin. Generally, those with a higher body fat percentage will have more cellulite. The best way to reduce the appearance of these lumps and bumps is through fat burning and elasticity boosting foods.
1. Lemon and Lime. A spritz of these tart fruits over a salad or water may keep the cellulite at bay. Both of these fruits are high in vitamin C. Vitamin C supports healthy skin elasticity. When the elasticity in your skin performs well, small lumps are less noticeable. Poor skin elasticity allows imperfections to show through more easily and may even lead to thinner skin.
2. Salmon. Salmon should be a part of just about everyone’s diet. The high levels of omega-3s and fatty acids have incredible benefits for our mental as well as physical health. These fatty acids provide healthy fats to the body. They also increase the suppleness of the skin, something anyone dealing with cellulite can benefit from!
3. Guava. Guava is another yummy fruit that fights cellulite. As a rich source of vitamin C, this green and pink fruit boosts skin elasticity. It makes a nice alternative to your more common citrus fruits.
4. Hot Chili Peppers. Here’s one of the cellulite fighting foods for adventurous eaters! Love spicy peppers? You’re in luck! Chili peppers give you a dose of vitamin C and may even boost your metabolism to shed excess fat.
5. Kale. This popular leafy green is excellent for a low-calorie snack. Its high levels of potassium and vitamin C benefit the skin from the inside out.
6. Avocado. This creamy fruit is a great source of unsaturated fats. Unsaturated fats are essential for glowing skin and a nourished body. You’ll find that a diet with good fats help satisfy your appetite. You’ll be less tempted to eat bad fats which contribute to weight gain.
7. Green Tea. Green tea is one of the very best drinks you can enjoy. For cellulite banishing benefits, soak up the antioxidants in this powerhouse tea. Antioxidants repair damage to the skin by fighting free radicals.
8. Watermelon. Here’s a fruit that lives up to its name. Watermelon is mostly water, an essential ingredient for smooth skin. Dehydration makes our skin look sallow and thin, making imperfections more visible. Water is imperative to flushing toxins out of the body as well. Double up on hydration and vitamin C with a slice of watermelon.
9. Quinoa. Quinoa is a protein rich crop. Protein is necessary to build lean muscles. The more muscle tone you have, the less visible cellulite will be. Pair quinoa with strength training to tone and sculpt your body.
10. Blueberries. Like green tea, blueberries and most berries are chock full of antioxidants. In fact, berries are one of the richest sources of antioxidants. They make an excellent low calorie snack to improve the skin and repair any damage occurred.
These foods should make your skin look smoother and firmer with each bite. And remember, most women and many men have a little cellulite. A little confidence is the best way to erase any imperfection!